6.29.2010

Cabo Azul - Part 1

Cabo Azul was everything I wanted it to be.

It was sunny, bright and white.

View from Marriage Veranda

The first feature of this resort that I fell in love with was the main bar in the major palapa.


The whole palapa was surrounded by heavy hanging rope.

Where all of the entrances were located, they pulled the ropes apart and draped them into HUGE, black pots.

Simple and stunning.


The restaurant located in this beauty was called Flor de Noche or Flowers of the Night. This was also the place where the swim-up bar was located.

As you can imagine, I frequented it during my stay.

Once inside, the ropes came together at the top of the ceiling and hung over a pool of water in the center of the restaurant.

It was amazing all lit up at night. I was in awe.

All Pictures taken by Rebecca June

4 comments:

  1. That rope stuff is beyond. Seriously, I am in love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to see your pictures - I worked on that hotel at my old design firm. When we went down for opening weekend to put up the finishing touches, we got stuck in a hurricane! (My first and hopefully only) Can't wait to see more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Cabo Azul is truly an amazing resort, I am really glad you enjoyed it.

    check out their Blog when you get a chance:

    http://caboazulresort.blogspot.com/

    Kind regards,

    ReplyDelete