12.16.2010

Fresh Greenery or Not


On the day after Thanksgiving my hubs and I went here:


Where we found the perfect tree.


We gave him a new cut so he could stand up straight and get fresh water easily.


Then we covered him in twinkling lights and beautiful ornaments and he was the best tree we had ever had...UNTIL...

All Pictures via Rebecca June

He started to stink up the place.

What the hell tree? What did we ever do to you?

I came home and my house smelled. I could not figure out what it was, just that it was ripe. Guess who? Tree.

So now, until the weekend when my hubs and I both have a free moment we will have a stinky house. Not to mention, we have to take down all the ornaments and the lights and drag the sucker out of here.

Then I am left without a tree for the holidays.

Luckily, my mom is letting me borrow here 'extra' tree. It is a silver tinsel tree. It will be a fun change, but I have a feeling this was the last year until kids come that a live (or in this case rotten) tree will be in my house.

Sad.

7 comments:

  1. Oh no ... that's terrible. I've never had this happen. poor you :( and it looked so beautiful too ... I am sure the silver tree will look even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so upsetting! I didn't even know that could happen. So sorry :( Silver will be beautiful though and such a fun change

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that really sucks. I agree with the kid thing we never put up a tree until my kid was around 3yr old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How frustrating!!! I think you are in Orange County, like myself. There is an awesome tree lot off the 5 fwy in San Juan Capistrano (can't miss it). They grow their own trees there - cut fresh when you pick it out. We tried them for the first time this year. I have only watered my tree 2 times in 2 weeks! Been an amazing change! Maybe next year....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, tonight we moved the tree out and it was for sure him. It is so sad to be without a tree. Oh well, I will have to try that lot next year Nicki. I just cannot gather the strength right now to pull all the ornaments back out so i think the silver tree will be bare, but he will sparkle and NOT smell.

    xoxo

    Rebecca June

    ReplyDelete
  6. THAT SUCKS!!! I didnt know that could even happen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thought of you last night... I saw fake trees at big lots, they had the tinsel kind in fun colors & the original green all on sale. I can stop by & help you redecorate the silver tree... U can not leave it bare!!

    ReplyDelete